Friday, October 22, 2010

Inspiration File

Wow, my inspiration file is full this week! So many fun things out there in blog land.  I hope you guys aren't getting tired of Halloween yet because most my features are Halloween related this week.  I love Halloween so I don't really mind.  However, I will admit my mind has started to shift to Thanksgiving and even (gasp) Christmas.  I got Pottery Barn's holiday catalog in the mail this week, and oh boy, do I have plans! I'm really excited but am refusing to allow myself to start crafting for Christmas until after Halloween at least.

Anyway, on to the features.  First off I was excited to get a note from Megan at The Barefoot Copy Cat telling my that she followed my rag wreath tutorial and made not one but two adorable wreaths.  I have to admit, I'm a little jealous.  I can tell she found a larger frame then the one I used and I just love the size.  Too cute, great job Megan.


Next up is this advent calender from Something From Cassie.  I think this idea is BRILLIANT! She made adorable magnetic squares using scrap papers and then put them on a muffin pan filled with treats.  I'm so going to make a bunch of different covers for all kinds of count downs.  Great idea, thanks Cassie!



Now the next three are all from Tatertots and Jello.  Jen sure had a great blog week!  I figure most of my readers probably read Jen's blog so this will probably be a repeat for most of you, but I still want to document all these great ideas so I don't forget about them.

Jessica, who blogs at Craftily Ever After, made these adorable beaded spiders for a guest post.  Aren't they too cool? She has some great ideas on how to use them two, like magnets for your fridge and on a headband. Love them!



Then Jen showed us her Christmas version of her painted pillows.  These are SO cute! I love all the embellishments she used to really make the ornaments special.  Great idea!



And finally, Jen showed us her adorable Thanksgiving garland.  I love that you can clip all the things to be thankful for on it and get the family involved.  Plus it is simply BEAUTIFUL!  Gotta make one of these for sure.



And last, Layla Grace showed this adorable Halloween Cake.  Its an old Martha Stewart cake and recipe but such a cute idea.  Plus, its looks easy enough that even I could do it! Love that!

Chocolate Marshmallow-Ghost Cake

Well, that's all for now.  If you were featured remember to grab a button.  See ya soon!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!