Thursday, October 28, 2010

Dressing Up

Do you dress up for Halloween? While I love to get the kids all decked out, I usually don't go all out on a costume for myself.  I do like to do something though.  I will admit to being a cat many many times.  I simply wear black and a "cat ear" headband.  I like it because I feel dressed up without feeling silly.  This year however I had another idea.  I am being "the other mother" from the movie Coraline.

Have you seen Coraline? Great show.  My kids love it and I love that its one of the few that my husband and I can actually sit through.  If you are looking for a good, family friendly Halloween movie, I would recommend it.  Creepy without scaring your children to death! :)

Anyway, back to the other mother.  This is what I was going for.


Its the perfect character because, other then the button eyes, I can basically be myself.  And its creepy!  So this is what I came up with.


I apologize for the totally dorky picture, but whats a girl to do?

Haha.. too funny huh!?!  I love it. And it case you are wondering, yes I can see.  I wouldn't recommend driving with them on or anything, but I can definitely wear them trick-or-treating with the kids.  I actually made them with Palmer's clay.  They have a rim, like you'd do with glasses, so that I can blink, and I can see out of the little thread holes.  I attached them to each other and my head with stretchy clear beading string. 

So are you dressing up this year? Do tell!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!