Sunday, May 23, 2010

Scrumptious Sunday- Easy Chocolate Frosting

As I mentioned, this past week was my son's birthday. I really like to make birthday cakes. Even though they are far from perfect, I think they are extra special, super fun, and taste Divine. My son is big into motor sports so this year he requested a dirt-bike cake. This is what I can up with.



Pretty cute don't ya think?

I used two devil's food cake mixes and made one sheet cake and an extra one in a 8 x 8 pan. I used the small cake to make the two hills. I frosted everything in my Mom's yummy chocolate frosting. The grass is shredded coconut died with green food coloring and I made the track more dirt like by sprinkling it with crushed cookies. My son loved the cake but especially loved the new dirt bike toy he got from the top!

Mom's Super Yummy (and easy) Chocolate Frosting

1 stick butter
1/3 cup milk
3 heaping tbs Cocoa Powder
1 tsp vanilla
Powder Sugar

In a sauce pan melt the butter, milk, and cocoa till bubbly. Remove from heat. Beat in powder sugar till desired consistency is reached. (about 1/2 bag) When almost done, beat in vanilla.

EDIT: Mom caught a typo! I had listed 1/2 cup milk but the recipe actually calls for 1/3 cup. So sorry!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!