Friday, May 21, 2010

Bead-utiful Stemware

Sometimes when I make something that I'm really proud of I just love myself. But actually I love Kate over at Centsational Girl. Seriously, this girl is amazing! Her blog was the first "design" blog I started following and was the inspiration for starting this little blog. I hope to one day be half as cool as her!

Anyway, the other day Kate made the most amazing jeweled stemware. She found the inspiration at a local winery. They were $75 a glass and she recreated them for about $40 for a set of four. Amazing! So I decided to try my hand and make a few myself. Wanna see them?



Didn't they turn out great! I just love them! I got the glasses at TJ Maxx for 5.99 for the set and spent about $15 on beads (with a ton left over) and $5 for the silicone. So I made my set of four for only $26. I'm going to make four more since I have plenty of beads and silicone left and I might even try my hand on some hurricane glass.

You can see Kate's full tutorial HERE.

EDIT: The question has been asked, "How do you wash them?" Because they are glued on with silicone (same stuff used for aquariums) they are completely waterproof. Still, I would recommend hand washing and be gentle around the beads. Since I only use fancy glasses like this on special occasions anyway, hand washing is just fine with me.

Linking up at:
Under The Table and Dreaming
A Soft Place to Land
Creations by Kara
Someday Crafts
Women Who Do It All

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!