Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Web Albums and Scheduling

For today's part of my blog design series, I'm going to share how to use Picasa web albums and how to schedule posts.  These are more blogging tip then blog design, but whatever.  :)

 
First up, using Picasa web albums.   Does it drive you crazy how slow blogger is to load pictures?  And you are stuck and can't be writing while its happening?  It drove me bonkers!  Since figuring out this trick, it has saved a ton of time!

First up, you need to download Picasa.  I edit all my pictures with Picasa before they go on my blog anyway.  Editing photos makes a big difference.  If you don't do it, you should!  Open up Picasa and go to the folder of pictures you want to use.



Then do any editing you want.  Once your photos are blog ready, go back to the main folder, hold down the CTRL button and select all the photos you want to use.  Then hit the "upload" button.



A pop up box will appear.  You can select the folder you want the photos to go into (or create a new one) and also select the size you want to upload.  I just use the recommended setting.  Then hit "upload' again.  The upload is really fast, but the best part is you are not stuck.  Feel free to log-in to blogger and start writing!


Once you are ready to add a picture to your post, hit the load image icon and then hit "from Picasa web albums."  Select the album where your pictures are located and then select the picture you want to use.





No more uploading!


That's it!  Super easy huh?!  It will save you a ton of time.

I also wanted to show you guys how to schedule posts if you don't know how yet.  I like to schedule because I usually will write a couple of posts when I have time (aka nap time) and then schedule them to post throughout the week.  That way I can spread my content out.

All you do is hit the "post options" link below.  A box will appear.  Select "scheduled at" and then put in the date and time you want your post to publish.  Then publish the post as usual.  Easy peasy!


So that's it for today!  Have fun blogging!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!