Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Mantel

As promised, I finished my summer mantel!  Like I said earlier, my goal here was to create something patriotic with an Americana feel, but not so "4th of July"  that it couldn't stay up for the whole month. (And maybe even into August)  By taking some creative liberties with the traditional American colors, I think I nailed it!

I'm totally loving the aqua and red color scheme!  Of course, the "team usa" on my magnetic banner will be switched out to say "summer" once the forth is over.  


My lantern is the perfect summer accessory.  Combine that with the slat star and its a fun and festive duo. Then to balance out the red, I jumped on the wooden fire cracker bandwagon.  Aren't they cute?!


They were fun and easy to make too!  I'm sure its fairly self explanatory and there are several around blogland, but I'll post a quick tutorial on my fire crackers tomorrow.

I also added some red ribbon to my candles. 


Throw in some foliage and you have a fun, festive, summer vignette!


As always I'm linking to these great parties and events:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!