Monday, September 20, 2010

Spit and Vinegar

If you were to ask my parents about me as a child, they would tell you that I was easy, mild mannered,  and sweet tempered.  If you talk to my husband's parents about him, they would say the exact same thing.  So it would stand to reason that we would produce easy, mild mannered, sweet tempered children right?
Wrong!  We were blessed with...


Now don't get me wrong, I love my kids to death... but they are T.R.O.U.B.L.E!  So I decided the only fair thing to do is make them "Spit and Vinegar" shirts to warn the general public what is coming their way. 

I used the same freezer paper stenciling technique as my theater room pillows.  The background images were found via google images when I searched tribal tattoo and the font is from my computer.    I did run into an issue with my stencil bleeding when I overlapped the letters onto the background.  Luckily it only bled where the white paint was so I was able to touch it up with a brush.  I also used some embroidery floss and hand stitched around the wording to give it an extra kick.  I think they turned out pretty cute!



Just don't let these cute faces fool you, they will give you a run for your money. They sure are me!

Partying with:



Creations by Kara
   Party Button    

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!