Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Theater Room Pillows

So the other day I was browsing through a Ballard Designs catalog and came across a bunch of really cute theater room stuff.  The funny thing is I had seen this same spread previously and  didn't look twice, but this time something caught my eye.  Actually, it was two things...



I loved the ticket plaque and the movie inspired pillows and thought I'd combine the two ideas.  I ended up with this.



Isn't he the cutest?!?! (Yes, its a he and no, I have no clue why.)  But he was a little lonely down there so I made him these to keep him company.



They are pretty dang cute too, don't ya think?!?

I used about a yard of canvas I got at the fabric store, but this would be a great application for drop cloth.  I found the images I liked online (all through google images) and printed them up on my computer.  I hung them in the window so I could trace them onto freezer paper, used a exacto knife to cute out the stencil, ironed it on and used fabric paint to paint on the image. I used a mix of both brown and black paint to give it a little more depth.  Once the paint is dry you simply pill off the freezer paper and sew your pillow.



If you want more information on freezer paper stenciling, go visit Cheri at I am Momma, Hear me Roar. (Awesome blog by the way, be prepared to stay awhile) She has a video tutorial that will explain everything you need to know way better then I ever could.

While I still have some things I want to do downstairs...



I think its coming along quite nice!

Linking up at...
Creations by KaraFunky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialJoin us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!BWS tips button Visit thecsiproject.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!