Monday, January 31, 2011

My Winter Mantle

Now, I should have shown this off about a month ago, but my dear sweet husband decided to patch a few holes behind the mantle right after I finished it... before I had a chance to take pictures.  Now this may seem like a good thing but by "patch" I really mean "fill with putty and leave it for a month, but don't you dare try and paint it yourself Krystal because I have to prime and  fix the texture and you'll never get the texture right... I'm getting to it, jeez!"  So this is coming a little late.

My winter mantle!



Isn't it nice?

My mirror and subway art came back and I added "winter" touches by using blues and silvers.  The garland actually came off of my Christmas tree.  I paired it with a pretty mirrored vase and some "sugared" fruit I got for next to nothing during the after Christmas sales.


To add some height, I put some snowy branches (also scored after Christmas) into a glass vase with some blue beads on the other side.  More sugared fruit and a few pine cones tie both sides together.

So there you have it.  This is going to be my "basic" mantle till I'm ready to change it out for spring, but I will still add valentines and st. patty day touches to it.

I'll show you the first of my V-day touches in a few days.

Stay tuned!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!