Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lucky Yarn Wreath

Yesterday I was in the mood for a quick craft so I decided to make a new wreath for St. Patrick's day.  It was super easy and turned out pretty dang cute if I do say so myself.


All I did was take a straw wreath form (or you could use foam... whichever is cheaper) and wrap it with green yarn.


And wrap and wrap and wrap.  I enlisted the help of my five year old for this.  He held the ball of yarn and did the wrapping while I adjusted the spacing and kept everything tight.  With his help we had it done in about 30 minutes or so.

Then I hot glued a great big green and white bow on the top.


My secret to perfect bows is wired ribbon.  It makes all the difference!!!

The letters for the word "lucky" I found at Micheal's already painted white and glittered.  As much as I love painting its sometimes nice to find stuff already done!



I just hot glued the letters down another piece of the green ribbon and secured it to my wreath with a few sewing pins.  Like this...



That way if i ever want to remove the lucky banner and use the wreath for something else I can.  I'm not sure I ever will but its nice to have options!

And that's it!


A super cute new wreath for my front door in a little over an hour. I love crafts like that! 



As always I'm linking to these great parties and events:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!