Wednesday, October 03, 2012

A Black Cat

Hello everyone!  Yes,  I'm still here and I'm still alive.  :)  We have about 6 more weeks till baby comes so I'm not moving very fast these days but I did manage to get in a Halloween craft!  It was my Mom's birthday a couple weeks ago so I used the push to make us both a cute Halloween kitty for our front doors.


And I just love him to bits!

He was a ton of fun to make too.

I started out making a paper template, transferring the template to a piece of plywood, and cutting the pieces out with my jig saw.  I glued him together using gorilla glue.  (crazy good stuff... just dont use to much!)  Then I taped off his eyes and painted him black.  After he was dry I hit the edges with the sander to bring out the detail and painted on the eyes.  Give him a coat of sealer and the finish him off with a Halloween ribbon and some wire whiskers.  (just drill little holes in the side of his face and stick some wire in.)

Easy peasy and oh so cute!!

As always I'm linking to these great parties and events

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!