Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ba'bee' Shower Week- A Wishing Tree

I have one last thing to share with you guys from my sister's shower.  Her gift!  While I did go in with another sister and bought a swing, I wanted to make something special for Baby Kendal's nursery.  I was inspired by an idea from Pinterest, you can check out the original source HERE.

So my thought was I would create a piece of art that also served as a guest book. 

I started with an 11x14 piece of canvas.  I cut strips of scrapbook paper (that I knew would go with the look of the nursery) and modge podged them to the canvas.  Then I took some wood grain paper and made a basic tree silhouette.  Finally I added a "wishes for Kendal" banner.  (the banner is just attached with foam tape.)



Pop it in a frame and you have this...


Then I cut a bunch of leaves out of green card stock.  At the shower I set up a table right as you walked in and asked all the guests to write a wish for baby Kendal on a leaf.


As they wrote them, I attached the leaves with more foam tape.

It was really neat to see what everyone wrote.



Once it was done, I popped the glass in the frame and gave it to my sister.  She now has a really special piece of art for her baby and a great keep sake from her shower... all in one. 



I hope Kendal loves it as much as I do!

So that's it guys.  I hope you enjoyed seeing all the fun things we did for the shower and have some ideas for any showers you may host in the future.

As always I'm linking to these great parties and events:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!