Monday, November 22, 2010

Painted Glass Jars

The last Christmas gift idea that I'm going to give you is how to spruce up a plain jar of candy.  This is a great gift that you can make a bunch of to keep in the cupboard for those unexpected holiday guests and neighbors.  I always hate having someone show up with a gift and not having something ready in return. So I went and got a 12 pack of glass jars.  If you remember back when I made a painted candy jar for Halloween, well I've improved upon the idea.  Turns out they make glass paint pens.  They are so user friendly and went on beautifully!  I simply sat down and decorated my jars with a variety of polka dots, stars, Christmas trees and other simple Christmas shapes.  You let the paint cure for 24 hours and then bake according to the instructions.  Once baked the paint is dish washer safe!  Here are a few of my baked jars.


Then all you have to do is fill with your favorite holiday treat, and top with a cute bow and gift tag.  Now you have the perfect little something to give to neighbor's, teachers, and those unexpected visitors.


And because I'm just so nice, I'm going to give you another free printable!  This time of my holiday tags.  All you have to do is click the image and then right click and hit save.  Then print it as a 8x10 image on standard size card stock.  The circles will be the perfect size for a 2" circle punch.

Enjoy!

HollyBloggyButton1

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!