Thursday, November 11, 2010

Safety Pin Bracelet and Napkin Rings

I'm still waiting for my shipment... dang postal service.  So in the meantime I have rearranged my schedule so I can hopefully get back on track.  That's the problem with making yourself a schedule, if something doesn't go as planned then everything gets thrown off.  I guess the lesson learned is quit trying to be organized! ;)

Since I'm going to be sharing some Christmas gift ideas over the next couple of weeks, I thought it would be great to start with this fun, easy and inexpensive idea that would be great for any of the women in your life.  Let me introduce you to the safety pin bracelet.


Super fun right?  I of course made a Christmas bracelet but you could used any color beads to make whatever suits your fancy.

Its really simple to make too.  All you do is get a pack of safety pins and some beads.  Be sure your beads are big enough to fit onto the safety pin.  Then just open the pin, add some beads (I used 5 per pin) and then close them up again.  Once you have all your pins beaded you take a couple lengths of clear stretchy cording and string them up.  One string going through the back of the pin and the other through the front.  Make sure your beads all face the same directions and turn the pins around each time.  Once its long enough, just knot closed and you are done!  (Does that make sense? I was going to do a picture tutorial but it is really so simple I felt stupid taking the pictures so I stopped.  If any one has any questions, just email me.)

After making my first bracelet I had the brilliant idea of making them into napkin rings.  Super cute too!


They are made the exact same way, just smaller.

So for about $20 in materials (that's with 2 packs of safety pins) you can make 4-5 bracelets or 3-4 (set of 4) napkin rings.  Now that's a cute $5 gift!

As always, I will be linking to these parties.

HollyBloggyButton1

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!