Sunday, November 21, 2010

Scrumptious Sunday- Acorn Squash Rings

Now, I will have to say this is my all time favorite holiday recipe.  We got it years ago off a Martha Stewart show but its no longer listed anywhere.  I've scoured the internet and can't find anything quite like it.  Now I was planning on making these this week so I could take a pretty picture but have been seriously so busy and it just didn't happen.  So this will have to do for now and I promise to update with a picture after we eat these this week.  I can't wait!

Roasted Acorn Squash Rings with Herb Butter

raw acorn squash

2-3 acorn squash
1 Tbs fresh Parsley, chopped
1 Tbs fresh Sage, chopped
1/2 Tbs fresh Rosemary, chopped
1 stick butter
1/3 cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 450.  In a sauce pan melt butter, brown sugar, and fresh herbs together.  Seed and slice the acorn squash into rings.  Line squash rings on a baking sheet and liberal apply the herb butter mixture.  Roast for 15 min. then turn over, reapply herb mixture and roast another 15 min. or until tender.  Remove from pan promptly to avoid sticking.

These are amazing, add them to your menu.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!