Monday, June 06, 2011

4th of July rag wreath

So... do you guys remember my Halloween rag wreath?  It was a ton of fun to make and I knew I wanted to do another one in red, white, and blue for July.  So I did! 


Isn't it cute?!  I just love how it turned out and was giddy when I hung it on my door!  It looks so cute next to Uncle Sam.


But my favorite part is the "God Bless" bunting! 


So much fun!

I didn't do another tutorial since I had written one previously. (you can find that HERE)  But what I did differently this time around is...

1.  I used a larger wreath form.  It was the same kind as in my previous tutorial, just larger.  This bad boy actually took 3 yards of fabric if you can believe it!

2. My bow is at the top this time. 

3.  For my bunting I just used red yarn and strung it across.  The wire form makes it easy to tie your yarn where you want it.  I then made a printable for the flags.  Just print them on white paper, cut them out, fold them over the yarn, and use double sided tape to stick them together. 

Here is a copy of my print if you'd like.  Just click to enlarge, save, and then size it however works for you.  I printed mine at 8x10.



And that's about it.  It takes a bit of time tying all those knots, but I think the final result is totally worth it!




In other news...  Wood you like to craft? starts again today at Craft Goodies.  Be sure to head over and check it out!  I can't wait to see what everyone did with this months project!

And finally, Happy Birthday to ME.  Yup, I'm 28 today.  Just thought I should mention it.  ;)

As always I'm linking to these great parties and events:

Visit thecsiproject.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!