Friday, November 05, 2010

Inspiration File

I hope you guys are ready for the Christmas season to start, because ready or not here it comes!  Poor Thanksgiving, the seriously neglect holiday that is stuck in between Halloween and Christmas.  I really try to give Thanksgiving its fair share, but I will admit my mind has gone to Christmas.  While I refuse to decorate until Thanksgiving is over, I'm still getting projects and ideas ready.  I guess the rest of blog land is with me on this because all my features are Christmas related.

First up, the Layla Grace blog offered this great giveaway this week and showed us this adorable Christmas mantle.  I about died when I saw it and want to win SO BAD.   Now, I'm sure a good part of my excitement was that the painting has my name on it... literally!  (In case you didn't know, we are the Winns)  The mantle scape itself is pretty dreamy too.  Love all the fun and happy colors!

drooz studio personalized holiday art wall decor and ornaments

Next, Colleen from And Baby Makes Five shared with us her Cinnamon Salt Dough Gingers Cookies.  These aren't the kind for eating, but for painting and decorating with.  I'm going to make these this year with my kiddos and I know we will have a blast.  I am thinking I will put mini trees in my kids rooms and let them make their own ornaments to decorate their trees with.  I'm excited.  Thanks for the tutorial Colleen!


And finally, Poppies at Play shared the tutorial on how to make this cute shadow box snowman.  I think he is just adorable and would be a super fun craft to make.  If anyone has a craft group coming up, I'd put this little guy on the list for sure! Love it!


Well, that's it for now.  If you were featured please feel free to grab a featured button from my sidebar.  I have decided that since I won't start showing off any Christmas decor till after Thanksgiving, that I will spend the next few weeks sharing some fun gift ideas.  I have some great things planned (if I do say so myself) so be sure to come back and join in on the fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!