Monday, February 07, 2011

XOXO and the Completion of My V-day Mantel

Look what I made.


And by made I mean completely made, from scratch, all by myself, straight from my crazy brain to my shelf.  Yes, I'm a little proud.

I got a scroll saw for Christmas have have been so excited/ terrified about it.  I love wood crafts and have been wanting to be able to cut and design my own stuff, but I was also SURE I'd loose a couple of fingers in the process.  I finally decided to be brave and give it a shot.  While it is f.a.r from perfect I think it turned out pretty good for my first cut.


My favorite part is the little hearts hanging form the O's.

To finish of the rest of my V-day mantel I added these two adorable love birds I found for 1/2 off at Micheal's.  They are so cute!  Totally in love with them!



I also added this little cupid I cut from some pink vinyl to my mirror.


So here is the completed mantel shelf with all the Valentines touches.


I'm totally loving it and wish I had finished it sooner so I could enjoy it longer.  Its so lovey dovey and sweet it about makes you sick.  :)


I'll get a tutorial on the XOXO written up for you guys later today or tomorrow, and I heard your requests for a "How to stretch your blog past 1000 px" tutorial and will try to get that to you sometime next week.

Be back soon!

As always I'm linking to these great parties and events:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!