Monday, February 21, 2011

Embellished Sandals

I have a confession.  If I tell you, you have to promise to not be so jealous that you refuse to be my friend!

In about a month from now, I'll be on a plane headed to Hawaii.

I know, I know!  I'm SO excited.  We are actually going with my family because my Mom is getting married.  It will be a fun trip and we'll get to spend some time with all my siblings.  There is a lot of us... as in 12 (not including spouses), so its not often that everyone gets together.

Anyway, because this is also a wedding trip I have been helping my Mom get some of the last minute details ready.  They are getting married on the beach and everyone is going to be wearing ivory.  We will all have leis so that's where the color is going to come from.  But since we'll be in the sand, I decided to make sandals for all the girls.

Here's how they turned out.





This is just a small sampling.  I actually made 10 pair.  They are all slightly different but I figured 10 pictures of ivory colored flip-flops might get a little old.

They were a lot of fun to make and my sisters love them. I think I might have to make a few more in various colors for the summer.  While I didn't take the time to take pictures along the way, they were super simple to do.

I used white flip-flips from old navy.  They were only $2.50 a pair, score!  Then I wrapped the straps with ivory satin ribbon, hot gluing along the way.  Then you embellish however you want.  I used a variety of ribbon roses, silk flowers, sequins, lace, and beads.

That's it!  Super fun huh?!  I can't wait to get out of this snow and use them!

As always I'm linking to these great parties and events:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!