Saturday, February 05, 2011

Blog Design Reveal

Okay guys, here it is.  The new face of Sassy Sanctuary.  What do you think?  It took me forever to figure out what I wanted and I am BY FAR the hardest person to design for, but once I found that amazing chair graphic it all clicked.  Now that its done I love it! 

Let me take you on a quick tour. 

The menu bar links are all the same except I removed the "past projects" link.  Lets face it, I never updated that page anyway!  I just recently figured out how to stretch the blog past 1000 pixels and I'm loving all the new space!

I created a mini sidebar to the left where I have a spot for sponsors. (I'm now offering your first month free if anyone is interested)  Below that I have a category menu bar.  Not all of those links are working yet but I'm going to go back through all my old posts and put everything into its proper place.  Below that is my ginormous blog roll.

Now onto the right sidebar.  At the very top you will notice some social networking icons.  I have a link for email, rss feed, subscribe by email, and facebook.

That's right! I bit the bullet and put sassy sanctuary on facebook.  Now, let me just say that I am a blogger and anything worth sharing is going to go here.  I will never use facebook as a requirement for giveaways and probably won't actually post there very often.  That being said, I know a lot of people love fb so if you like my page then you can get fb updates on when I post.  I'm just trying to make this as user friendly as possible.  So far I am the only one who "likes" sassy sanctuary (despite sending out a bunch of recommendations to friends and family) so I am hoping at least a few of you will "like" me so i don't feel like such a loser.

The rest of the right sidebar is pretty basic.  Some new buttons if your interested but not much else new there.

Anyway, that's it.  I hope you love it as much as I do.  I'd love to hear your input!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!