Sunday, December 19, 2010

Scrumptious Sunday- Poppy Seed Pasta Salad

This is my all time favorite pasta salad recipe.  I don't make it very often because I can't resist it and will eat myself sick.  However, we had a church potluck a few weeks ago so I made this to bring and snapped a few pictures so I could share it with you.  (You can thank me later...or curse me as the case may be.)

Poppy Seed Pasta Salad
(adapted from Betty Crocker's Recipe)


1 package tri-colored pasta (prepared according to package directions)
1-1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
3/4 cups red grapes, halved
1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
1/4 cups slivered almonds, toasted
1/2 cup of your favorite store bought creamy poppy seed dressing. ( I like Brianna's Poppy Seed Dressing)

Now, like most things I make, I don't actually measure.  I just chopped up my ingredients in the proportions I think look right, add my cooked pasta, and then add enough dressing to give everything a nice coat.  Toss all together and enjoy!

This recipe is best when served soon after its mixed with the dressing.  If you plan on making it in advance then just wait to toss the dressing until you are ready.   If you do end up refrigerating leftovers you may have to add a little bit more dressing before you eat it again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!