Monday, October 17, 2011

My Crazy Life and a Free Printable!

If you are one of my more faithful followers, you may have noticed that things have been a little slow here on the ole blog.  That's because my personal life had been in complete chaos.  

Let's start with some background info.  My husband and I are high-school sweethearts and we planned our lives together.  When we went off to college, I majored in Interior Design and he in Construction Management.  We were going to be a killer building team.  Little did we know that putting all our eggs in the same basket (the housing market in our case) was not such a great idea.  We did okay for awhile but about 3 years ago everything stopped.  After struggling for about a year, my husband got a big break and was hired as an equipment operator for a nuclear site.  While it was far from our dreams, it paid good and we were happy.

Well, last month he was laid off.  We had no idea how we were going to provide for our family and we were facing the same trial we had just been through.  We were devastated and scared to death. 

Then my Mom, being the complete saint that she is, sweep down and turned our lives around.  She offered to buy a house in Utah for us to renovate and live in while Ryan goes back to school, rent free.  We are so tired of the unemployment cycle and so excited to start over and do it differently.  But that means selling our house and relocating to Utah.  Gah... so much work!

So the next couple months are going to be spent finishing up all the odd-end jobs around our house, getting it listed, packing up, and moving to another state.  Oh, and starting renovation on the new house so its at least livable when we move in! All before my hubby starts school again in January.

It's a tad overwhelming.

There was a quote floating around Pinterest that really stuck me.  It read "Count your Rainbows, not your Thunderstorms."  Simple but profound.  Even though we are going through a trial and I'm sure we will face more before its all said and done, I feel so blessed to be given the opportunity to change things.  I'm so excited for my husband to choose a new career path and that we have the help from an awesome family to be able to pursue it.  So I'm going to focus on the rainbow and not the thunderstorm.

To remind myself of my new motto, I made a printable and hung it on the wall.


And if you would like to remember to count your rainbows too, here is a copy of the print.


Just click on the image to view it larger, save and print.  It was created as an eight by ten.


I'll be back later in the week to share some pictures of the "new" house and some of the big plans I have for it.  So stayed tuned!

*UPDATE:  Just to clarify, I'm still definitely doing blog designs! Yes, I'm busy but my business will come first.  We need at least one source of income! haha  Also, I will still post on this blog and share all the progress of our new house.  It's going to be really exciting to see it all come together! 

As always I'm linking to these great parties and events:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!