Thursday, October 20, 2011

Before Pictures

So... we don't officially close on the "new" house till next week, but I'm going to go ahead and show you guys some pictures of it as it looks right now.  It is a banked owned property and in rough shape, but nothing terrible... just cosmetic issues.  But most importantly, its in a really great neighborhood.  I think we will be really happy here.

Here is the house from the front. (excuse my sister's butt... hehe)


While it needs some landscaping, we have to fix some broken concrete, and I'm SOOO painting the door and those shutters... its a cute house.

This is the front room.



The pictures are deceiving in how dirty this place really is.  We are ripping out all of the flooring and repainting every surface... before we move in!  I love the bay window and vaulted ceilings though. 

Behind the front room is the kitchen and dining space.



Very plain Jane... and burnt.  :)  The microwave has seen much better days!  So we are getting all new flooring, new appliances, new paint, and I'm going to refinish the cabinets in the next month or so.  We plan on eventually putting granite counter-tops in and tiling a backsplash, but that may be a little later down the road.

As a sneak peak, I already purchased this light for above the kitchen table.
although I got it for a steal of a deal at a local supplier

Drool!   If the kitchen ends up half as good as it looks in my head... its going to be gorgeous!

Down the stairs from the kitchen is the family room.


This will be our main living/ TV area.  So my thoughts down here is cute, but less formal and more kid friendly then the first floor.  Off of this room the rest of the house is unfinished, but we are going to finish a laundry room, a 4th bedroom, a craft room/guest room, and will have a storage room. (eventually)

All the bedrooms are upstairs.

The kids rooms and their bathroom is pretty basic, but I'll make them cute.




The Master Bedroom also has a bay window, plant shelf, and vaulted ceiling... but its pretty small.  We will have to see how it all works out.



But I'm super excited about the master bathroom!




A jetted tub and corner windows!  The rest of the bathroom is pretty ugly, but its a good layout and I know it will be great once we are done.

The backyard is completely unfinished so putting all that in will come sometime next summer.

The whole house is going to be a lot of work, but it has a ton of potential and will be so cute once I'm done!  Hopefully in a few years once all this is behind us we can make my mom some money and it will all be worth while.

In the meantime, I'm just excited to have a project and a place to live!

And one last sneak peak, here is a sample of some of the colors I've picked out.


It's going to be great!

If everything goes to planned then my hubby is going down to start demolition next week.  I'll keep you posted on our progress.

Now time to go clean out our storage room and get ready for a garage sell this weekend.  Oh the joys of moving!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!