Monday, March 07, 2011

Lucky Banner

I have to admit I was really bummed to take down my Valentine's decor.  I was slow to get it up and really only had a couple weeks to enjoy it.  I was in love with my cute heart banner and was sure I wouldn't be able top it.  But I really think the banners kinda "make" the mantle so I set out to make a St. Patty's day one too.

I went to Zurchers (a discount party supply store and the place I got my heart doilies) to see if I could find some inspiration.  I found fabric shamrock confetti and it all clicked.

Here is what I came up with.



I literally did a happy dance once I hung it.  I think its my favorite banner yet.

Here is how you can make your own.


Gather your supplies (A)  I used paper doilies, scrapbook paper (I used the scraps from my shamrocks and its a card stock weight) yarn, spray adhesive, hot glue, craft glue, tape and gold glitter. 

Start by spraying your doilies with the spray glue and gluing them to your card stock.  Cut them out leaving a bit of a boarder of the paper.  Then cut your letters out of the card stock and glue those down too. (B)

Then to give the letters a little extra punch, I lined them with craft glue and glittered. (C)

Then you use a hole punch and make holes in the circles so you can string them up.  Thread the yarn through and spread everything out. (D) You can see in the image how I tried to space it evenly and left extra yarn at the ends.  Tape the yard in place on the back of the circles so everything stays put.

Then you take your confetti and sandwich the yarn between two shamrocks, hot gluing in place. (E)  I did two shamrocks between each letter and two on each end.

Then just hang and enjoy! (F)


So there you have it.  The completion of my St. Patty's Day mantle.  Love it!
And just a reminder, Wood you like to craft? starts today at Under My Umbrella.  Be sure to check it out!

As always I'm linking to these great parties and events:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!