Monday, November 28, 2011

Progress Report- Trim and More Trim

I thought it was about time to update you all on the progress of our new house.  My husband has been hard at work and has gotten a ton done!  But we still have a ton to do if we are going to be ready enough to move in 2 weeks.  Ahhh...!

Here is the front room as it looks now.


As you can see, I'm jumping on the board and batten bandwagon and I'm so excited about it!  Its going to look so pretty once its all painted.  My hubby has also trimmed out all the windows.  I think window casing make such a big difference! (You can see a sneak peek at my floor going in here too.  It looked great all done!)

The board and batten continues up the stairs in the hallway.


Doesn't that look SO cool?!

Ryan has also trimmed out all the windows upstairs and has added built-in organizers for all the closets.




The master closet (above) is SOOOO much better!  I can't wait!

In the master bedroom he also added crown molding to the plant shelf.  It really helps make it look complete.


And in the master bath, he has built a wood front with an access panel for the jetted tub.  The tub didn't have any access before.  Crazy.  We are going to stain the wood to match the cabinetry in there and then tile the top.  It will be really pretty.


I'm going to recreate my daughters paneled bedroom in this house, but a scaled down version of it. I decided to take advantage of having all the trim out and we paneled one wall with actual trim.  Once its all painted and the walls are a pale pink, I think it will be beautiful!


And last but far from least, in the downstairs family room we took advantage of the weird foundation bump out and built an entertainment wall.  Its my favorite part.


The actual shelves will be painted white and the tongue and groove will stay the dark stain.  Its going to be so much fun to display all my photos and lovely things here! 

And the rest of the room now has a nice trimmed out shelf on top of the foundation wall too.  It's going to be a fun space!


And on top off all that Ryan has also put back and replaced a ton of sheetrock, puttied holes, and is prepping for paint.  I'm a lucky girl.

Like I said, we still have a ton to do but its coming right along.  I can't wait to show it all painted!  (If I can only find the perfect color that looks on the wall like it looks in my head.  Its agonizing!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!