Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Wood you like to craft?- Under My Umbrella

Hello Sassy Sanctuary readers!  It's me, Melinda from over at Under My Umbrella

Under My Umbrella

I thought I would share my banner because the amazing Krystal designed it :)  I'm loving this Wood You Like to Craft group.   I'm always amazed at how creatively different we all are.  I hope to see you all playing along soon!!! It's been pouring down buckets and buckets of rain here in the Northwest so I was happy to see Krystal's fun Spring project.  I love Easter and everything that comes with it!

Let's get started....creating Under My Umbrella style!  A while back I did a tutorial for these distressed wood finials.  As I was sitting on my couch thinking about how I would put a spin on this project.  I found myself looking at these finials and could see cute little ears sticking out of them! (click the picture to see the tutorial on how to make the finials)



So that's exactly what I did!


I love, love, love them!!!  Here is how I put my own spin on Krystal's project.
I took the top pieces off of my already made finials.  If you would like the tutorial for how to make them click HERE.


I cut some ears out of 1/2 and 3/4 inch MDF.  Sand, paint and let dry.  I used burlap for my nose and inside of ears.


I used two different patterns for my ears.  Well actually three but the third was so ugly it won't be shown :)  Here is my pattern for the ears, nose and inside of ears.


I then Gorilla glued those cute little ears on!
Have some fun adding style with burlap!

I had my daughters vote on which ears they liked the best.  My oldest (she becomes a teenager on Sunday.  Eek!!) informed me that the ears are not perfectly straight.  My reply "Well...no bunny is perfect!"  She didn't appreciate my joke but I sure got a good laugh!


I like the chubby one!  The poor tall one was so tall he kept getting cut out of the pictures.  I might have to make him a little shorter!


Super easy and cute project.  Thanks Krystal for letting me play along.  Some bunny loves you!!!

..............................................................................

So cute Melinda!  I love how she took something she already had and gave them an Easter flair.  And the burlap is such a cute touch.  Love them!  Great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!