Sunday, August 08, 2010

No Soliciting

I don't know what it has been about this summer, but door to door solicitors are out in full force! Normally I don't really mind. I kindly decline whatever they are selling and that is that. However an incident from last summer keeps popping in my head. Some people that were selling door to door (or pretending to) barged into a house after a women opened the door for them, tied her up and ransacked her house. This happened about three streets away. Well this last week we had a particularly aggressive and rude solicitor come to the door. He was selling magazines, giving us this sob story about paying for school, and fishing for information. (Things like what are you interested in? Oh, motor sports? Do you have a motorcycle? What kind?) When my husband kindly declined his offer for any magazine subscriptions, he stomped away acting SO pissed off. Enough was enough. I decided to put a "no soliciting" sign on the door. I'm not sure it would stop real criminals, but I figure anyone ballsy enough to come to the door despite our sign, I can automatically be suspicious of.



Its a simple vinyl sticker that I cut using my new Silhouette Craft Cutter. Although I've done some practice cuts, this was my first actual project with it. So far I really like it. My favorite part is that you don't have cartridges. I simply found some clip art online, uploaded it to the software and added my own text. I think it turned out pretty cute!

And now that I got over the intimidation of using a new machine, I'm sure using my silhouette will come up in tons of new projects. Plus, school starts in two weeks and I might actually have time to do some crafting. Can't wait!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!