Sunday, September 26, 2010

Scrumptious Sunday- Carmel Dipped Marshmallows

Last week we went to a back to school potluck for the families at my son's preschool.  I was asked to bring a dessert.  I wanted to do something fun that the kids would love and be easy to bring, so after much pondering I decided to make Carmel Dipped Marshmallows.  They turned out so pretty!


Its a really simple process.  You simply heat up Carmel candies in the microwave (follow the package directions)  and then dip a marshmallow in about half way.  Let as much of the excess drip off as you can.  Then dip it into your favorite topping.  I used coconut, sprinkles, and cinnamon sugar.  Then place them, marshmallow side down, on a piece of wax paper to set up.


While this was easy to do, it was a bit time consuming since I made two bags of marshmallows.  But they look way impressive all lined up on a tray!


and the best part? The kids LOVED them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!