Sunday, May 09, 2010

All Season Blocks (part 1)

First off, this is by no means an original idea. However I still thought I'd show you my spin on it.

Awhile back I saw this post by Whimsikel and thought "That is so cool. I want to make those." You make 10 wooden blocks and each block has four letters. Than with those blocks you can spell over 60 words that fit every holiday or occasion. Well, since the blocks have 6 sides I decided to add a few extra letters and it turns out I can make over 80 words including....

New Years
Be Mine
Lucky You
Easter
Spring Time
Birthday
Freedom
Summer
Harvest
Spooky
Give Thanks
Christmas
Let It Snow
Blessed
Welcome
Family
and SO many more!

I also thought it would be fun to have a few extra blocks with decorative images that you could accent with.

Now, I can never do things small. Go big or go home is my motto! Except when it come to your hair. So I decided I would make a set of these for Mother's Day for my Mom, (love her) my Mother-in-law, (love her too) my step Mother-in-law, (love her 3) and, of course, myself. So that means this past week I made a total of 52 BLOCKS! (It makes me tired just typing about it.)

Of course all four sets are different to fit each person.






I hand painted on the letters but I'm not thrilled with how they turned out. So I'm thinking I'm going to try something different. But I thought I'd share what I've got so far. Once I get it just right I will post a full tutorial included all the possible words you can make with a set of these blocks.

So to all the Mothers in my life, THANK YOU for being such inspirational women. Through your examples I know that I can continue to grow as a women and mother. I appreciate all that you do for me and my kids and love you all more than words can express. So here is your Mother's Day gift although it probably won't be in your possession for another couple of weeks.

Happy Mother's Day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Don't stop there! Click "older posts" to keep reading!